Michael S. Miles
Michael S. Miles is Variplan’s founder and principal advisor. He currently serves as Variplan’s chief executive and is responsible for all of the firm’s planning and other business activity.
Mike has more than twenty years of experience in providing financial planning and advice to both federal and private sector clients. He has earned a number of the planning industry’s top credentials and has been recognized as a leading provider of advanced financial planning services. Among his credentials are:
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) licensee
- Registered Employee Benefit Consultant®
- 5-Star Advisor® (The Paladin Registry)
- America’s Top Financial Planners® (Consumer’s Research Council)
- Licensed insurance consultant
Mike is a regular contributing financial expert to the Federal Times newspaper where he writes a popular financial column geared toward the special concerns of federal employees. Mike is also part of the Federal Times “Ask the Expert” team where through email he answers questions about the complicated Federal savings, retirement, and insurance programs.
In addition, Mike has been providing benefits to members of the Senior Executives Association since 1998 and has helped hundreds of SEA members and their families to make better financial decisions.
Mike’s experience is backed by a solid financial education having earned a Master of Business Administration degree from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia and strong analytical training from earning a Bachelor of Science degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.
Licenses And Credentials
Education and Designations
- Certified Financial Planner®, CFP Board of Standards, Inc., Denver, Colorado
- Five-Star Advisor, The Paladin Registry
- “America’s Top Financial Planners” by The Consumer’s Research Council
- Master of Business Administration, 1991, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science, 1985, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Registered Investment Adviser Representative
- Insurance Consultant
Membership and Affiliation
- Member, Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Washington, DC
- “Money Matters” columnist, Federal Times Newspaper
- “Ask the Experts” advisor, Federal Times Newspaper
- Benefit Provider, Senior Executives Association